Sometimes, you find gems in livejournal icons. I’ve seen this with a few different accounts, so I don’t feel bad transcribing it here:
- “Your stupid”? My stupid what?
- Your throws of ecstacy send me into throes of amusement.
- You can defuse a bomb. But diffusing it might be a bad idea.
- Your is not mine. You’re means you are.
- Thru is only a word if you’re referring to getting a hamburger in your car.
- Per se means of itself. Per say is only how you pronounce it.
- Fire is fiery. Burn all misspellings.
- A horde is a large group of people, often unruly. To hoard is to gather, and often references dragons.
- Et cetera does not abbreviate to ect., ecc., or et. Etc.
- E.g. means for example, and i.e. means that is. I.e., always be correct.
- You should definitely spell definitely definitely.
- If you had a d, you wouldn’t deserve congratulations.
- A lot is two words. Allot means to distribute.
- Never enter your pin number on an atm machine. You could get the HIV virus.
- If you really did have baited breath, you would smell rather fishy.
- Rouge is a colour. A rogue isn’t.
- I before E except after C, or when sounding like a as in neighbour and weigh. Unless it’s weird.